Sunday 26 August 2012

This is how I spend my time...

A little while ago I wrote about a Kickstarter project called Adult Rappers, rather than explain it all again check the link and you can see what it's all about.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adultrappers/adult-rappers

As the donation end date neared it did look like Adult Rappers might not quite make it so as an added incentive to potential backers I offered up a reward for backers. I really wanted this film to get made so along with my donation I offered to draw a shit robot for everyone that backed the project.  It turns out that I needn't have made such an un-appealing offer because Adult Rappers met it's funding target with ease. Some people, clearly trying to see just how shit these robots would be, have since claimed their robots.

I'm going to go all Tony Hart (I don't know what the non-British equivalent would be) and put up a little gallery of the robots. For anyone that has backed Adult Rappers and not yet claimed their robot feel free to hit me up on Twitter (@Mechagodzeala) or leave a comment and I'll get it done.
Now enjoy the following badly drawn robots.
This dude is the director of an online art school. I'm far too pleased with myself for the apple logo.


@Jakemoney is all I had to work with. Jake 'The Snake' Robots + Money = Done
This guy wanted a robot version of the cover for his upcoming EP.
@Frankiepancakes got a robot making pancakes.
My girl backed it and demanded one...@Wenderwoman gets a robo Wonder Woman but ginger.
Attackosaur got his beloved dino vs Mecha Van Damme. Check the splits.
Dude is an editor/director. I did a director directing a scene from Profondo Robo. I am far too pleased with myself for that pun and robo-recreation.
Guy has been watching a lot of Kung Fu lately, he gets Bruce Lee battering Han. I know the outfit is from a different movie but I make the rules.
Guy is a teacher so he got a classroom scene...Binary 101!!! I am such a wit.
The request was Syffal tee, cane, bees, and a massive set of swingers. I also included a Hobot.
This dude was retweeting for this project like you wouldn't believe so he got the first robot, he also had Egypt in his Twitter handle so, you know, pyramids and that.
The Director of the project, he got a Director asking to see a young rappers parents.

Before anyone mentions it, yes I am a grown man. I don't care because robots are the shit and this film is going to be tremendous. I will post up more as and when they are done, I'm working on one at the moment I just can't decide on the finishing touches. If any Adult Rappers backers want one, hit me up.

Laters yo!

Mechagodzeala



No comments:

Post a Comment